- Town Secretary
- Election Information
- May 7, 2022 - General Election
May 7, 2022 - General Election
Canvass - Official Results
The Town of Northlake Canvassing Authority conducted the canvass for the General May 7th Election on May 17, 2022.
Election Results will not be posted until Denton County Elections Administration has finalized the reporting of all precincts.
|Councilmember, Place 1||Rena Hardeman||39.03%||345|
|Councilmember, Place 1||Robert Keeker||60.97%||539|
|Councilmember, Place 2||Michael C. Ganz||100%||686|
|Councilmember, Place 3||Brian G. Montini||100%||679|
During Early Voting, registered Town Voters can vote at ANY polling location throughout Denton County. A full list of locations can be viewed by accessing the Denton County Elections Administration.
Early Voting will begin April 25th and end on May 3rd as follows:
April 25 - April 30
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
May 2 - May 3
7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- 4195, 4196, 4218 - Northlake Town Hall - 1500 Commons Circle, Suite 300 - Council Chambers, Northlake
- 4216 - Roanoke Public Library - 308 S. Walnut Street, Meeting Room A&B, Roanoke
- 4217 - Denton County Southwest Courthouse - 6200 Canyon Falls Drive, Community Room, Flower Mound @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- FUTURE GENERAL ELECTIONS H.B. 305
- How do I register to vote?
- What will be on the ballot?
- Election Notices
- Running for office
- Candidate Packet
- IMPORTANT ELECTION DATES
- Candidate Filings & Finance Reports
- BALLOT ORDER
- To be eligible to vote, residents must be registered in the Town of Northlake. Please contact the Denton County Elections Administration at (940) 349-3200 or visit Denton County Elections for more information. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Town of Northlake General Election will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022. Residents who are qualified voters will be electing Council Members for the following places:
- Councilmember Place 1 (2 Year Term)
- Councilmember Place 2 (2 Year Term)
- Councilmember Place 3 (2 Year Term)
- Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on the Ballot
- Order of Election - Resolution 22-06 (Orden de Eleccion - Resolucion 22-06)
- Notice of Drawing for a Place on the Ballot
- Ballot Draw Results - February 28, 2022
- Notice of Election (Published April 10, 2022) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Town of Northlake Home Rule Charter, Sections 3.04
Each person who becomes a candidate for mayor or councilmember shall meet the qualifications as set out in Section 141.001 of the Texas Election Code, as may be hereafter amended. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the following additional qualifications shall apply to each person who becomes a candidate for mayor or councilmember:
- Have resided in the Town for at least 12 months prior to the date of the election;
- Abide by the nepotism law (Chapter 573, Texas Government Code), and as provided in Section 15.01 of the Charter; and
- Not be disqualified by reason of any other provision of law.
A member of the Council who ceases to possess any of the qualifications specified in the Texas Election Code or in this section for a period of sixty (60) days following notice from the Town Secretary regarding same, or who is convicted of a felony while in office, shall immediately forfeit the office and the Town Council shall proceed to fill the vacancy in accordance with Section 3.09 of this Charter.
State Law Requirements – Texas Election Code §141.001
(a) To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a public elective office in this state, a person must:
(1) be a United States citizen;
(2) be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
(3) have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
(A) totally mentally incapacitated; or
(B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
(4) have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
(5) have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
(A) for a candidate whose name is to appear on a general primary election ballot, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot;
(B) for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot;
(C) for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in;
(D) for a party nominee who is nominated by any method other than by primary election, the date the nomination is made; and
(E) for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
(6) on the date described by Subdivision (5), be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected; and
(7) satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Candidate Filing Packet is provided as a resource that contains information about the Town, filing documents, and a general overview about running for office.
- Candidate Filing Packet (Printed Packets are available upon request)
To file for a place on the ballot, the following forms (which are all available at the Town Secretary's Office) must be filed with the Town Secretary on February 18, 2022 (by 5:00 p.m.):
- Application for a Place on the Ballot
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer (Guide)
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices (Optional)
|May 7, 2022 FILING DEADLINES - Town Council Places 1, 2, and 3|
|First day to file an application for a place on ballot||January 19, 2022|
|Last day to file an application for a place on ballot||February 18, 2022|
|January 1, 2022||First day to apply for ballot by mail|
|January 19, 2022||First day to file for candidacy|
|February 18, 2022||Last day to file for candidacy by 5:00 p.m.|
|April 7, 2022||Last day to register to vote|
|April 22, 2022||Last day to submit application in person for a ballot to be voted by mail|
|April 25, 2022||First day of early voting by personal appearance|
(During Early Voting voters can vote at any polling location in Denton County)
|April 26, 2022||Last day to submit application by mail for a ballot to be voted by mail|
|May 3, 2022|
Last day of early voting by personal appearance Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
|May 7, 2022||ELECTION DAY |
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Pursuant to the Texas Govt. Code, Section 552.117(a)(17), documents filed by current public officials will have redactions of personal information.
Candidate filings for each place are listed in the order they were received.
Jeff Nichols - WITHDREW
Michael C. Ganz
Brian G. Montini
The following ballot order was determined by the Ballot Draw held on February 28, 2022.
Councilmember - Place 1
- Rena Hardeman
- Robert Keeker
Councilmember - Place 2
- Michael C. Ganz
Councilmember - Place 3
- Brian G. Montini