- Town Secretary
- Public Input Instructions
Public Input Instructions
Click here to complete and submit the Public Input Form online
1. Every open meeting will include a public input section on the agenda that will be placed immediately after the regular meeting is called to order.
2. Any person wishing to address the Town Council must turn in the Public Input Form to the Town Secretary prior to the time the meeting is scheduled to begin and up to when the public input portion of the meeting has concluded.
3. Clearly state your name and address when you begin your remarks. Address your comments to the Mayor and members of the Council.
4. Speakers are limited to three (3) minutes. Time limits may be adjusted by the Presiding Officer and Town Council.
5. If you wish to speak about an item that is a Public Hearing, you will be called after the Presiding Officer opens the Public Hearing for that item.
6. Any person wishing to make a presentation that includes any form of electronic media must provide that digital file to the Town Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 noon on the Monday prior to the day of the meeting for review by Town staff. The file must be compatible with the Town’s technology equipment.
7. Public demonstrations, out of order comments, profanity, abusive language, or personal attacks not related to Town business directed to, or about, the Mayor, any Council Member, Town staff or Town board or commission members will not be tolerated.
8. The Texas Open Meetings Act restricts members of the governing body from discussing items not posted on the agenda. Action or responses to your remarks by members of the governing body (if not a posted agenda item) is limited to either a statement of fact, recitation of existing policy, or a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for a future meeting.
This form is considered a public record and your name and address will be filed with in the Town Secretary's Office.