The Town of Northlake is currently in Stage 1 of the water conservation plan. The water conservation plan is typically put into effect during the summer months, when consumption is high (due to increased lawn and landscape watering, filling swimming pools, etc.).
High consumption levels from hundreds of residential and commercial accounts depletes the Town’s reserve levels; the Town’s water conservation plan manages the consumption by residential and commercial water service accounts to ensure there is enough safe water supply for all residents and businesses at all time.
Water use restrictions in Stage 1 of the water conservation plan include the following:
- Residential and commercial accounts must adhere to the following landscape and lawn irrigation schedule:
- Even addresses (street address number ending in 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8): Wednesday and Saturday only
- Odd addresses (street address number ending in 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9): Thursday and Sunday only
- Commercial addresses (businesses, schools, churches and other non-residential addresses): Tuesday and Friday only
- No watering on Monday
- Use of water to fill, refill or add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools or Jacuzzi-type pools is prohibited, except on designated watering days between the hours of 12:00 (midnight) and 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. (midnight).
- Using water to rinse sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts or other paved areas is prohibited
- Using water to wash cars, trucks, motorbikes, boats, trailers or other vehicles is prohibited except on designated watering days between the hours of 12:00 (midnight) and 10:00 a.m. and between 8:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. (midnight). Such washing, when allowed, should be done with a handheld bucket or a handheld hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial carwash or commercial service station.
- The flushing of gutters is prohibited.
- Rinsing buildings, windows or other structures is prohibited other than for fire protection.